The energy certificate for residential buildings
Who is affected by the energy certificate for residential buildings ?
Residential buildings (those which have at least 90% of their energy reference surface for residential purposes) are classified according to their energy performance.
For residential buildings the energy passport indicates two distinct classes :
- Energy performance class linked to the calculated annual primary energy requirement.
- The insulation class-related heat requirement of the calculated annual heating.
Furthermore the emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) indicated therein. The fifth page of the energy certificate shows the different possibilities of energy improvements that would be possible.
The energy certificate for residential buildings must necessarily be attached to an application for the permission to build for:
– A new construction of a residential building
– Any extension or modification of a residential building
– Any substantial transformation of a residential building (which affects the energy behavior of the residential building)
– Any change of owners or tenants in an apartment or a house or another part of the residential building, if the existing building does not already have a valid energy performance certificate (energy passport).
The energy certificate for residential buildings can be established by our team of experts. For more information, contact us!